Lead Consultant & Head of Analytics – EMEA
Cyient Europe Limited
Digital Train – What lies ahead?
Miniaturization of computing hardware is enabling distributed computing discarding parts of the proven cloud computing model. Its adoption is higher in rail industry compared to some other industries because of the need for managing its movable and stationary assets that generate huge data across the network.
This is not a small change. A whole new picture is emerging by moving these pieces of the IT infrastructure puzzle. What lies ahead for digital rail is beyond the connectivity and monitoring:
- Understanding transportation systems like never before
- Predicting outcomes – failures, part replacements, maintenance plans, financial implications and many more.
Automating business decision making
- This session shows leading ideas, practical methodologies and case studies explaining what lies ahead for Digitalisation in Railways with the merging edge, fog and cloud computing.
Bhoopathi is the Head of Analytics, EMEA at Cyient. He has over 16 years of experience in business and technology management, and has spent the last several years evangelising about the integration of Operational Real-Time technologies with IT technologies.
Bhoopathi is the author of the international bestselling book, The Race for Work – Escape Automation, Transform Your Career and Thrive in the Second Machine Age.
He has conceptualised and delivered technology solutions powered by advanced analytics primarily for Aerospace, Transportation, Heavy Engineering, Medical, Utilities and Telecom.
Bhoopathi is an active speaker, author and blogger on Business and Emerging Technologies. He has spoken on ‘the impact of Data and AI on society in general and industry in specific’ at several international and regional forums. Follow him on Twitter: @bhoopathi
The RailTech Europe 2017 Conference will explore the following three themes:
- Day 1 – 28 March 2017: European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS)
- Day 2 – 29 March 2017: Digitalisation in Railways
- Day 3 – 30 March 2017: Maintenance of Rail Infrastructure