Site visit to Metro Bilbao Depot
On 21 September, a technical site visit to the Ariz depot of Metro Bilbao took place from 12:00-15:00.
The site visit included the following parts:
1. Introduction and presentation of the Ariz technical area, that included:
- Organisation and maintenance of rolling stock
- Organisational structure
- Maintenance ranges
- Rolling stock management
- Use of the hot axle box detection system
2. A visit to the workshop floor that visualised: interlocking, track 10 wheel parameter detector, wheel lathe, rolling management, warehouse, bogies in the workshop.
3. A demonstration of the hot axle box detection system. The performance of the equipment was explained.