Continue the discussion with us at the next Intelligent Rail Summit!
Intelligent Rail Summit 2022
Cutting costs without cutting corners: Asset management, monitoring and the use of data in times of turmoil
The railway sector is disproportionately affected by the current cost crisis. Already under strain by the elevated costs of raw materials and materials following the COVID-19 pandemic, a steep increase in energy costs now risks derailing the sector’s prospects. This is where innovation comes in, such as new ways for utilising data.
Data is gaining importance for asset management, performance monitoring, predictive maintenance and optimising operations. Efficiency gains and new insights from data from operations all have the potential to result in cost savings and help support decision-making.
These and other topics regarding Wayside Train Monitoring Systems (WTMS), infrastructure monitoring and asset management were discussed during the Intelligent Rail Summit 2022, which took place on 16-17 November 2022 in Konstanz, Germany.
Topics & themes
The following topics were the focus of the discussion at Intelligent Rail Summit 2022:
- Why data is important for railway infrastructure management?
- How to analyse data in order to turn it into crucial information?
- How to establish a proper railway asset life cycle management?
- Availability in the context of infrastructure conditions and maintenance/renewal demands
- Evaluation of environmental aspects of the railway system and the influence of climate change
RailTech.com webinar: Data in operations and maintenance, systems design and monitoring
On 5 October, RailTech.com organised a webinar about data in operations and maintenance, systems design and monitoring in the run-up to Intelligent Rail Summit 2022!
What are some of the opportunities that a Greenfield project presents for systems design, operations and maintenance? What is Fibre Optic Movement Sensing and how does it work? What are the abilities of the Modular Diagnostic System (MDS)? These and many more questions were answered during this webinar by the following guests.
- Andy Billington, Innovation and Digital Architecture Team Leader at Rail Baltica AS
- Ed Austin, Managing Director at Focus Sensors
- Richard Lenthall, Vice President – Customer Management at voestalpine Signaling Siershahn GmbH
Would you like to watch the replay of this webinar? You can now request access to watch the replay!
Intelligent Rail Summit ’23 brought together various stakeholders from the railway industry to learn and share their knowledge as well as to meet other professionals and expand their network. At Intelligent Rail Summit ’23, you could meet:
- Infrastructure managers
- Asset managers
- Rail contractors
- Rail suppliers
- Universities & academics
- Governmental bodies
Intelligent Rail Summit 2022 was made possible by
Platinum event partner
Silver event partner
Bronze event partner
Supporting media partners