JR East, Japan
Speaking on 24 November during the Big Data in Railway Operations sessions
New Transport Arrangements using ICT
Topics to be covered during the presentation:
- Congestion and delay of trains in real time
- Station Congestion Prediction
- System for train dispatchers
Through this research, a visualizing system and smartphone application app have been developed due with the intention of is to visualize current status and to be the of assistance in making decisions according to situation. Another method has been developed that estimates in-station congestion by applying the numbers of passengers entering and exiting the station. Usefulness of the prototype systems have been confirmed through dispatcher tests.
View the topics of discussion and the speakers for each individual theme:
- Day 1: Wayside Train Monitoring Systems
- Day 2: Rail Infrastructure Measuring & Monitoring
- Day 3: Big Data in Railway Operations
We look forward to welcoming you in Naples between 22 – 24 November for the Intelligent Rail Summit.