Webinar: an introduction to Track Access Charges
The European railway market has been undergoing a transformation over the past two decades. EU policy has focused on integration of the railway sector as part of stimulating the internal market and transforming to green mobility. One of the results of this transformation is European regulation for implementing charges for the use of the rail infrastructure.
In this webinar you will learn about the history of European Track Access Charges, the implementation of European legislation, the application of the TAC’s in different European countries and the improvements that still have to be made in this charging system.
During the webinar the following questions were being answered:
- What are track access charges?
- Why was European legislation necessary?
- How far are different European countries with implementing these rules and are there differences in interpretation?
- What improvements still have to be met?
- How can TAC’s stimulate competition?
- How are Eastern European countries dealing with the TAC’s?
Editor in chief of RailTech.com and programme manager of the summit, Marieke van Gompel, will have a live conversation with the following speakers:
- Stefan Marschnig, associate professor Graz University of Technology
- Ivan Vidovic, research associate Graz University of Technology
- Justina Hudenko, CEO LatRailNet
- More speakers will be communicated shortly
You can download the replay of the webinar by filling in the form below: