The organisation of RailTech 2015 is very proud and satisfied with the results of the rail conferences ‘ERTMS’ and ‘Rail Safety and Compliance’, which were held on the 18th and 19th of March 2015 in the Jaarbeurs, Utrecht. In total 220 rail professionals from 14 countries participated in the conferences, which were organised concurrently with the three day rail event RailTech. During these conferences a lot of discussion was held and participants exchanged ideas and thoughts on important themes in the rail sector.
The participants gave high and positive evaluations to the international conferences at RailTech. The Rail Safety and Compliance-conference received a score of 8,2 from the delegates. The organisation of RailTech has set the objective to gain even higher scores for the conferences during the RailTech edition of 2017.
We would like to thank all participants and railexperts who contributed to making a success out of RailTech! We would like to invite you to join the eleventh edition of RailTech, which will take place on the 28th, 29th and 30rd of March 2017.
- RAIL SAFETY & COMPLIANCE – 19 March 2015
European Regulation has a growing influence on Rail Safety. It is up to Member States to incorporate this Regulation (or stronger) into their own system, depending on national circumstances. Train Operators, Infrastructure Managers and Contractors all have to comply with the extended Rail Safety Regulations. This conference focused on how the Railway Sector can live up these new sets of rules and regulations. The individual regulations imposed by the different Member States will also have an influence on Rail Safety and Compliance, and it remains to be seen whether and how these regulations interfere with the European standards.
- Bas Leermakers – Head of Technical Department OTIF
- Christiaan Poll – Quality and Safety Manager, Infraspeed
- Filip Coumans – Senior Consultant, BST
- Marcel Grob – Consultant railway safety, Movares
- Mark Prescott – Senior Programme Manager, Safer Trackside Working Programme
- Stefan Reith – Consultant for occupational safety and health, DB Netz AG
- Chairman: Roel van den Bosch – BoschSpoor